Monday, September 26, 2011

Sweetness in a bottle

I have a lot of cousins, and I love all of my cousins in a different way. I have one cousin that I have really gotten to know better since he moved to Logan to attend USU, and last night he invited me to listen to him sing at a vocal concert put on by the LDS Institute. This cousin has been on an LDS Mission and is a fine example of an LDS young man. He believes strongly in his faith, but is also very accepting of me and my choices when it comes to my faith. So, because I love him dearly, I accepted his invitation to listen to him sing. I am grateful that he thought to invite me, and even more grateful that I decided to go. It doesn't matter to me what "religion" you claim to be, but the sound of music sung by young people with hearts full of dedication and praise for a God they love is nothing short of pure beauty. At one point I could actually feel the floor resonate with the power of their voices. Music does my soul good. Songs of Praise do my soul even better, like sweetness in a bottle.

2 comments:

janette said...

Love this. Music truly speaks to the soul. Miss you!

ashes said...

Ah man... I wanna go! Bring said cousin to the mouse house, too.