Thursday, May 15, 2014

Throw Back Thursday





It's been 20 years. I can't believe it. May 14, 1994 one of the best friends I have ever had on this earth was born.  She came into my heart when I had learned that I had a seriously LOW chance of ever conceiving a child of my own. I was severely depressed and to help fill the void, Bill bought me an English bulldog puppy for my birthday. Tigra was named for a comic book cat, because she had those lovely brindle stripes and a cat like personality. She was a special dog who was very sensitive to emotions, and was exactly what I needed at an emotionally fragile time.  She was a dog, but she was so much more, and fortunately JB was born before Tigra passed away. Even then, I didn't know if I would survive her loss, and I think of her often. She will sometimes visit me in my dreams, and we play chase and she runs around crazy with a bucket on her head before she turns into an orange striped butterfly and flutters off. Happy Birthday, Tie-Tie, I miss you.

1 comment:

Sonja Sheffer said...

That video shot really shows her stripes!

Tigra would not leave my feet alone. Other than that she was wonderful. HA

I'm sorry I was so caught up in my own life at that time that I didn't realize you were sad. I'm truly sorry and sad about that.

Love you sister