Sunday, September 28, 2014

Warhol

Jb is taking a Photoshop class in school. Her assignment this weekend is to take a photo of herself, and use Photoshop to replicate her photo into a "painting" by a famous artist. She was assigned Andy Warhol.  I decided I wanted to play, too, so had her walk me through the various steps. It turns out this was a bit of a project as EACH layer must be mapped and recolored for each image. It took us pretty much ALL day! But I am super pleased with our results, and I had the greatest time having her teach me some new Photoshop techniques.

The original photograph


Andy Warhol's painting I was trying to copy.





This is the first image map I made. By image map, I mean there is an individual layer for the skin, hair, eyes, lips, shadows and background colors.


From here, I had to recolor each layer, multiple times. Here is my finished product. 



What ya think?

3 comments:

ashes said...

So hipster!!

janette said...

I'm totally impressed and would LOVE a photoshop class. You girls are amazing!

Anonymous said...

from a longtime Warhol fan just let me say that I love it! xxoo ljm