Friday, March 12, 2010

Easter!



I think it's official. I think Easter truly might be my favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, and Halloween, but there is just that little something extra special about Easter. Maybe it's because the snow is finally starting to melt and the sun is shining. Maybe it's the chocolate bunnies. Everyone and anyone who know anything about me knows I have
 A VERY SPECIAL THING
for plastic Easter eggs (Yes, it's true I have filled over 12 dozen plastic bits of delightful goodness for the egg hunt at my very own house, for hmmmm, how many kids do I have again?) I have even begun to con friends and family into decorating the plastic eggs with markers so I can save those fabulous artistic creations from year to year. I have eggs shaped like sharks, fish and fairies. Bugs, dinosaurs, and footballs. Camo, polka dots, flowers, basketballs, baseballs and glitter.
But...
That is not why I love Easter. I love Easter because it is a time of celebration for the selfless acts of others.  We are reminded of the Ulitmate Sacrifice that was made for us, and that inspires me to give that little bit extra, try that little bit harder, demand that little bit less for myself.

No comments: