Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tales for Thursday


Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, And when JB woke up this is what she found:


Last night I saw a Leprechaun

Outside your bedroom door,

He gave a sneeze and did a twirl,

And landed on the floor!



I knelt down and squinted hard,

And what my eyes did see,

Was a tiny little bitty man,

With a very scraped up knee.



I asked him if he was alright,

And he began to wail.

His knee did hurt and when he sneezed,

His gold flew from his pail.



I found a tiny bandage,

I fixed him up real well,

He wiped his tears, began to grin,

And told me he felt swell.



As a special gift to me,

At least this is what he told,

I could keep what I could find,

Of all of his lost gold.



So look high, and then look low,

To find all that may still lay,

You can take them off to school,

To share with friends today.



Perhaps YOU'LL be the Leprechaun

And hide a little treat,

For teachers and your special friends,

Now wouldn't that be neat?



No matter what you choose to do,

I must make something clear,

You're what I treasure, more than gold,

I love you lots my dear!

No comments: