Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday 2014

Here we are again at the start of Lent. Today is Ash Wednesday, and traditionally I have all these great Lenten plans...but this year...not so much. Ashes sent me a text, asking me what was in store for this year, and I had to confess I was at a loss. She suggested trying to do a random act of kindness, or maybe photographing something beautiful each day. I think those are marvelous ideas. I also heard on NPR about a town in Wisconsin (I think) where 94% of adults have their advanced directives (AKA living wills) filled out and had all of their end of life stuff organized and planned. While I have no intention of kacking out here any time soon, I also don't want there to be any question on my lack of desire for life prolonging treatments, should something happen. So, I am going to take that project on, along with being nice and seeing beautiful. What are your Lenten plans?
p.s. I probably won't post much about my acts of kindness because that kind of defeats the purpose...I'm not sure I want every day to consist of posts like this: Hey look! Did you see how I walked up to the front of the yoga class to get that mat for the embarrassed lady who came in late? Did you see it? Wasn't that soooooooo nice of me?
p.s.s. Actually it was nice of me, and after class, my new friend Suzanne, thanked me and explained she was late to class because she was helping her special needs daughter make it to the school bus on time. Suzanne, I'll get your mat for you anytime.

No comments: