Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Beautiful 3-18



Today's image is brought to you by Logan Regional Hospital.  No need to panic.. ..everything is fine (ish). JB has had strange headaches off and on for a while now. We have never been able to find a reason.  So finally I decided it was time to try and get to the bottom of things.  I started with the eye doctor.  He said her eyes are fine. Wouldn't be the cause of the headaches. Next was the  pediatrician. She said it looked like JB had some mild (8%) scoliosis and recommended a visit with the orthopedic surgeon.  Orthopedic surgeon said spine is not curved. He says there is no scoliosis. ..But in looking at JB's x-ray she has some "congenitally fused" vertebrae in both her neck and her upper back.  Congenitally fused. He says they were fused before she was even born.  Amazing.  Isn't it incredible what technology can tell us? And I think in a weird way the x-ray is somewhat beautiful...
As for the cause of headaches. ...doctor says it is possible that there are some nerves in her neck that are getting bothered by the spinal fusion.  Next step is MRI to determine where nerves are and if that's the actual problem, and then decide what to do with the information. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

ashes said...

Interesting (and yes, beautiful). Postural restoration with a physical therapist worked wonders on my own bizarre headaches. Absolute wonders. It seriously was the best thing (read... two years of weekly visits) that I ever did for myself. Chiropractic helps me stay there now.

The SHEFFER clan said...

Her x-ray reminds me of some of portions of some of Clint's art pieces