Friday, October 30, 2015

Tron Birthday Party

 First of all, I must apologize to all 3 of you that regularly read this blog. Shawndra brought it to my attention this week, that no, she hasn't seen the photos from JB's birthday party, or comicon, or our last vacation..... You get the idea. I haven't posted here for awhile. Hopefully today I can play a little bit of catch-up, starting with a Tron Birthday party.

JB decided she wanted to go with TRON as a birthday party theme this year. The big 1.6. Her plan was to have a few friends over and watch the movie on the lawn. Decorations would consist of  a lot of glowing things.

She made multicolored cupcakes. Yum!






On the big night, her second most favorite male (Dad's still first, right?) brought her a lovely bouquet of flowers. I hate to say the word "boyfriend" because there is NO WAY my 16 year old kid could be old enough for a boyfriend...but, I actually like this kid, and he does smart stuff like bringing her flowers on her birthday and helping her with chemistry homework, and helping me set up the big movie screen in the hot sun.... sigh. I digress.



We set up the movie screen, and the kids played frisbee,





And put flashing blinkie lights in their hair, 




and took pictures with the photobooth, 


and had snacks while we waited for it to get dark enough to watch the movie.


JB showed everyone how to make her super fun fizzy cotton candy drink.



And finally it got dark enough for us to watch TRON on the big screen.





After the movie, while we were waiting for parents to come get their chitlen's, one of her friends picked up the mic to the disco/karaoke ball and began serenading her with various renditions of  "Journey"songs.  He wasn't too bad, for on the spot singing. 


On her ACTUAL birth date, we kept it low key, and went out for sushi.


Happy 16, JB. 



To see the rest of the photos, click here:

1 comment:

gorgeous indifference said...

Am I counted as one of the 3 people who read on a regular basis- if not than you have 4 people! I had also noticed the lapse- thanks for bringing back up to date!

Leslie