Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The House that Marcus Built- September 2016


Through out the month of September, I continued to glue together the various bathroom pieces, and the old wooden cook stove.








I also continued with the second floor lighting, and decided to place the bathroom on the upper floor. The room on the right will be for the children.



I found a video tutorial on painting the grout in the plastic tile, to make it look more realistic. You start with a plastic tile sheet, and use acrylic paint to color into the grout lines.




I have mixed feelings about the results, but think it is ok for the old house motif we are using. I also pre-measured and cut pieces of tile for the kitchen, and wall paper for all of the rooms.



I continued with the lighting installation,


and began installing the wall paper. 


Nursery/children's room


Bathroom...notice the piece of balsa wood I cut to fit and glued into place to fill in the hole in the floor left from the staircase.



Then I glued the tile into place. 



Night view.


Wall paper in the second floor bedrooms.


Wall paper being installed in the kitchen.


Here the holes for the windows have been cut from the wall paper....note....I installed the wall paper first, then cut out the window/door holes after the  paper paste had dried. It was too hard to get the holes to line up evenly if they were cut before hand.  After the wall paper I installed the base boards and crown moldings.



It's coming along.....

1 comment:

janette said...

I just wanted to say how happy I am that you've been adding more and more pictures about Marcus and the "renovation" of his family home. I think the backstory you two have created for him is so much fun. This just seems like such a fun project to do together. I can't wait to see more pictures coming!
And hey, your kitchen remodeling has come along a lot faster than Dallin's. Who could maybe give him some pointers ;)