Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Memory Lane...


Bar M, Diamond D, Rocking P, Circle K... All brought back a rush of memories from my childhood summers spent at Trefoil Ranch. Things have changed there. Now there is a fancy new lodge, and the place looks like a wild west town, with Doctor's office, trading post, and a plush mess hall.

Also, the perspective has changed. I didn't return as a camper, but as a MOM of a camper, and to be honest that was a little weird. I really wanted to go up the hill and see if the OLD log Cabin lodge was still there, but that area is reserved for campers, not OLD MOMs. So, I said goodbye at the new "Goodbye Tower" and headed home.


Goodnight "Winky," I hope you learn lots of songs, and make lots of friends, and have the time of your life. I hope you ride horses until your butt hurts and you hike to the top of Mount Baldy. I hope you sleep in the meadow, gag in the biffy, and watch the hawks soar over the trees.


And when you go to sleep I hope you look at the stars, stare at the moon, and just for tinie tiny second, remember "Roady," who would give anything to share this experience with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope JB has an awesome time!

Lady Taylor said...

Brings back the memories of your trips. We never out grow the feeling of sadness when our children go away. (Even for a short time). Wishing you love at this time.