Monday, July 21, 2014

It's good luck or it'snot.


Another moment of triumph. ..To understand this fully you need to know I have a terrible fear of tight spaces. Today Nobu took us to see one of the world's largest Buddha shrines. Inside there is a large pillar with a hole carved into representing the nose hole of the Buddha. To climb through the hole is good luck.  I decided I would give it a try but was beginning to freak out as I watched people wriggling through. I about decided not to even try.  But in the spirit of "No regrets" I was able to force away the fear, took a deep breath and dove in. My fear must have been apparent because once I got through,  everyone waiting in line applauded my efforts.  Rei (Nobu's eldest daughter) was even approached by a random stranger who asked her if I was married. HA!


JB exits the nose hole



No comments: