Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pain control


So, when we got home from the surgery, Fatdog was in a lot of pain, so I gave her the narcotic, a little bit of puppy morphine, she didn't puke, and all was great. TOO GREAT!  Now she thinks she is all better, wants to jump on the bed, wants to jump on the couch, wants to jump into her rocking chair (photo taken in November) you get the idea. She doesn't seem to realize that she has a 4 inch long slice down her fat little belly. So today I didn't give her the puppy morphine, just Rimadyl (puppy tylenol) and she is kind of whiney, and I can tell she hurts, but she is lying quietly and not jumping around everywhere. It kind of makes my heart hurt a little to know I could ease her pain, but I think it would be better if I didn't. Wonder if God ever feels like that?

1 comment:

The Old Man said...

Glad it went well. Give Fatdog a nice snuggle from us.