Monday, January 25, 2010

Prayers for FatDog

Monday January 25, 2010
I take Fatdog to Vet2 for xrays and ultrasound. I am silently praying in my heart for a kidney tumor. Kidney tumors can be removed. How sick is that? To be PRAYING for a KIDNEY TUMOR? Vet tech comes in and takes Rosie away for xrays. 10 minutes later brings her back. We wait. I can hear the Docotor talking, but only muffled voices. I pick out the words "bladder", "white cells", "tumor." I begin to hyperventilate just a little. The docotor comes in and asks for me to go with her back into the surgery area to look at the x-rays. Says she doesn't need to do the ultrasound because she can see what's wrong already. I must have turned grey because she said, "It's bladder stones. LOTS AND LOTS of bladder stones." Bladder stones? I about jumped for joy! Bladder stones, I had been praying for a kidney tumor! (How sick is that?) Anyway, it is good news, but not great news. Rosie is still deep in the dark woods. There are about 10 to 15 massive  bladder stones that are filling more than 1/2 of her bladder. She must have surgery. ASAP. Which means today. TODAY.  Right now. Bulldogs don't do well with surgery. They can't breathe, then they die. This is not the first time I have taken a dog in for surgery and left with nothing but the bill. Remember my sweet Tie-Tie? But, I did it again. I left her at the vet's office, and can pick her up at 6:00 p.m. I left her. She looked back at me, so sad and confused as to why she wan't coming with me. I pray now that she will be ok in surgery. 6:00 p.m. can't come fast enough.

2 comments:

The SHEFFER clan said...

Thanks for the update.
Thinking of you and FatDog....
Love you

The SHEFFER clan said...

On a brighter note at least FatDog doesn't have to drink a bottle of water and lie upside down on the stairs......