Saturday, March 17, 2012

vacay, lent thru March 24

so.... I am leaving on a jet plane...on Monday. I am heading to Florida to see Kellee and Ashlee for a few days.With all the stuff I need to do to get ready, and then being gone, and all that entails, I am posting the next weeks worth of lenten tasks today. See you all next week!

Day 25. Saturday March 17 Today I will create The Seventh Station of the Cross. Create a collage or piece of art that depicts Jesus falling to the ground a second time. Even though Simon is helping him carry the cross, Jesus is exhausted. As I create this station, I will think about being tired and discouraged and remember that when I feel that way, Jesus understands because he has felt that way too. I will hang this station in my house as the seventh of fourteen.


Day 26. Fourth Sunday of Lent: March 18 Today I will look in the parish directory and choose two people—one person I know and one person I don’t know. I will pray for each of them two times today. I will ask God to help them have a wonderful, happy, holy day.




Day 27. Monday March 19 Today I will create The Eighth Station of the Cross. Create a collage or piece of art that shows the women and children of Jerusalem coming out to say farewell to Jesus. They are sad to say good-bye to such a wonderful man; Jesus was their friend and made them feel important even though other people were not so kind and respectful to them. I will think about how I can be a better friend to people that everyone else seems to disrespect. I will hang this station in my house as the eighth of fourteen.

Day 28. Tuesday March 20 Today I will use washable markers to tattoo crosses on myself and my family (with their permission, of course). Why? Because they will remind us and everyone who sees us today that we are followers of Jesus Christ; Plus, it’s fun, and I am a kid and this 40-day-project is getting to be really, really long!
Day 29. Wednesday March 21 Today I will tell Jesus the story of my day. I will tell him what I saw and did and said. I will tell him what I did well, and what I didn’t do so well. I will tell him what I wish I could do over again. When I am done, I will ask him to take the story of my day and help me write a new and even better story tomorrow! I will finish by saying, AMEN!

Day 30. Thursday March 22 Today I will create The Ninth Station of the Cross. Create a collage or piece of art that shows Jesus falling down for the third and final time. He trusts that whatever happens next, God will be with him. I will hang this station in my house as the ninth of fourteen. I will also practice what it means to trust: I will ask my parent to blindfold me and then lead me around the house or yard, trusting that they will take care of me so I don’t fall! To trust someone means to put your life in their hands.


Day 31. Friday March 23 Today I will create The Tenth Station of the Cross. Create a collage or piece of art that shows the soldiers taking Jesus’ clothes away from him. This must have been humiliating! As I create this station, I will remember that whenever I feel embarrassed or ashamed, that Jesus knows how I am feeling because he has felt that way too. I will hang this station in my house as the tenth of fourteen. I will also choose one of my favorite pieces of clothing and take it to the Food Pantry (or other charity) to be given to someone who may not have enough to wear.

Day 32. Saturday March 24 Today I will help my parents with cleaning, or a chore that is too big for one person to do alone. It could be picking up my room, or dusting, or helping to rake the yard. Instead of playing or doing things I want to do, I will cheerfully do things that are helpful to others.

No comments: