Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Little Green Dot

I saw it there, tonight.
Your little green dot on the white screen.
My soul leaped with joy and seemed to scream
As if yelling from the mountain top as I typed,
"I see you!"
And you replied, "Hello."
We chatted.
About this,
And that,
But not the other,
For there is an unspoken rule...
Topics that may NEVER be discussed,
A line that must not EVER be crossed.
And we danced around it,
Gingerly.
Faithfully.
Yet, my soul thrilled in completeness,
In the presence of your little green dot,
If only for the moment.
Then you said you had to go,
And I said goodnight,
And I kissed my finger,
And placed it gently on your little green dot,
And prayed with all my soul
That you would feel
The warm breath of a mother's love
Float softly across your cheek.
And I waited,
In my own imaginary game of "You hang up first,"
For your little green dot to fade away.