Friday, January 13, 2012

Canon Country landscape mode



Thanks to the inversion we have some fairly spectacular sunsets in Good ol' Logantown. I played with the "landscape" mode on the new camera. I did not use a tripod, but am still pleased with the results. I tried shooting a bunch of photos on the same plane and merged them together in photoshop to make a panorama. Sadly the image file is too large to upload here, but you can see it on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/tlcbull/6691502903/

Just a note.... I am going to try REALLY hard to not doctor my photos in photo shop until I have really learned to use the camera. I am going to allow myself to crop and merge, but no tricky lighting techniques or artificial blurs because that just feels like cheating.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Beautiful picture. I love that you are taking the time to learn to use such a cool camera. One day I hope to go beyond the basic point and shoot digital.