Thursday, January 12, 2012

Canon Country



For years I have suffered from "lens envy." I have hauled around point and shoot cameras and watched longingly as my friends and family members and cousins all had awesome super cameras. We take trips to Yellowstone, and rather than look at the animals I was always scoping out  that guy with the backpack and a lens as long as my arm. Well, when Clint received a nice bonus for Christmas and asked me what I wanted, in true Ralphie fashion I blurted out,  "A Canon Rebel T3i." He told me no. Told me I already had a pretty good camera, besides, I'd probably shoot my eye out.
Well, he went on a business trip, and while on the plane he struck up a conversation with the lady seated next to him. He got off the plane, and called me. He didn't tell me what they had talked about, but said during the course of the conversation he realized that I should indeed go get the new camera if that is what I really wanted. So I hung up the phone and drove to Inkleys within the hour. MERRY CHRISTMAS to me.
Now I have the delightful task of learning how to work the thing. I am going to take a class, and take lots and lots of pictures until I am so familiar with it and so good at it that I won't be embarrassed to ask questions of the awesomeness that is Natalie Norton.  Until that day, bear with me as I do my homework assignments and please feel free to critique my work  (nicely of course) as I am trying to learn. If every picture is absolutely perfect then I won't be learning much will I? I promise I won't take your thoughts as being unkind, but given in the spirit of aiding me with my quest to learn to use this equipment to the very best of my ability. Here we go!

No comments: