Saturday, January 25, 2014

Caribbean Christmas 12/25

Merry Christmas!!!

It looks like Santa found us.


We decided to take it easy today and just snorkel near the boat dock a few houses down from our apartment.


We saw a few jellyfish in the water, but not many, so we weren't really worried.


After swimming for a bit, Jenna said she thought she felt a jelly fish sting her elbow. I told her that it most likely wasn't a jellyfish...there weren't that many out here. Basically I told her to suck it up and keep on going. Not more than 5 minutes later, I felt a stabbing sensation on my thigh. Just one little poke. But the pain grew more and more intense, and I wondered if  Jenna really had (and me, too) actually been stung.
Then we saw this...


I know it is really difficult to see, but just below the water line is a fluffy fuzzy looking mass of blue. This is a WALL of mating jellyfish. Jenna and I hurried to get out, and noticed that she had a sting on her elbow and I had about 30 on my thigh. We were DONE with snorkeling for the day!!!!


Now that we had our fill with snorkeling, we took off on a drive.


Here's another light house with an abandoned keeper house next to it.




We watched the waves crash upon the rocks.



There are a lot of HUGE cactus groves.


JB eating our traditional Christmas Eve sushi, but on Christmas Day. That's OK.


More Lord of  the Rings.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

janette said...

loving all these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing What an awesome Christmas!

Great photography.