Friday, February 22, 2013

Lenten Reflection: Feb 22

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.
--Morning prayer II (Ephesians 3:20), The Book of Common Prayer

My Reflection: ... Power, working in us, doing more than we can imagine... This to me sounds a lot like inspiration. Sometimes inspiration can make me do crazy things. Things that I didn't ask to do, or imagine myself ever doing. Things like knitting a prayer shawl for a mother whom I've never met, who's child passed away from cancer. Things like standing in the grocery line, at that precise moment when the lady behind me really needs to talk to someone about her daughters upcoming surgery, or things like volunteering to take photos at the baptism of a child, or trying to write a blog post EVERY SINGLE DAY for Lent.
C.R.A.Z.Y!
I actually like these moment of inspiration, even though 99% of the time they result in WORK. Moments of inspiration, for me, are seldom ways for me to kick back and relax. Often, they are hard, and require a lot more effort on my part than if I had just ignored them. However, they also offer me a sense of closeness to God. If I can feel His power, it is easier for me to believe... and when your faith is broken, and is only being held together by minuscule pieces of tattered and worn emotional masking tape, you tend to take whatever you can get.

So, when have you been inspired?

No comments: