Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lenten Reflection: Feb. 26


Leviticus 25:23

King James Version (KJV)
23 The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.

My reflection:
A fairly simple and straight forward reminder that this earth belongs to God. Not us. He must be very discouraged with us right now. Have you ever loaned a favorite book out to a friend? You think to yourself, I  know this person, and love this person, surely they will take good care of my favorite book. Then, after you spend months of hounding for them to return it, they finally give it back to you. The dust jacket is gone, and the corners are bent, and there are some pages missing. A coffee stain right on the front cover where it was used as a coaster. It looks like it may have been dropped in a puddle, or maybe the tub.... I think our use of the earth must be like that for God. 

No comments: