Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wordless Wednesday





Ok, I know this is a WORDLESS Wednesday, but I think some explanation might be in order. At first glance this simply looks like a boring photo of an old mailbox, which in essence, is correct. But look closer, and you will see where the post has been broken off...by one of my girl scout mothers, backing out of my driveway, and completely OVER the mailbox. She missed the driveway by about 5 feet, drove over a two foot snowbank, and backed over the lawn to take out the mailbox. I am nervous to see what the lawn looks like under neath all the snow she plowed through. Fortunately, there was enough left of the post attached to the mailbox, that the mailman and I just stuffed it into the snowbank, for now. When the snow thaws I will have to figure out how to keep the mailbox up until I can get the post fixed. I am thinking a 5 gallon bucket full of gravel might do the trick.

No comments: