Friday, March 1, 2013

Lenten Reflection: Feb 28.


1 Peter 4:10

King James Version (KJV)
10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.


My reflection: I think this passage is basically telling us to serve each other with the gifts of God that we have received. Sometimes it is hard not to look at other people and wish we were like them. I for one am envious of all those families who have more than one kid. I so wanted to give JB a sibling, but it was physically impossible. I am envious of those people who can stand up in a great big room and captivate the audience through story telling without going all clammy and having heart palpitations. I am envious of those people who have beautiful singing voices and can belt out hymns in church, while I quietly whisper the words to myself, in hopes that I don't scare anyone. But then, I realize, I have been given gifts that others haven't. If we all had the same gifts it would be a very boring world. So, I will knit for those who cannot knit, and I will listen to those who need to be heard, and I will take pictures of babies being baptized, and I will sing crazy obnoxious songs as loud as I can with 25 squirrely Girl Scouts, and I will share what I can with whomever I can, and remember, I too, am blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that we all need to better appreciate our many blessings.