Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lenten Reflection: March 19


Ecclesiastes 8:15

King James Version (KJV)
15 Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.


My reflection:
Today I stuffed over 5 dozen Easter eggs for the church Easter Egg hunt. For my home egg hunt I have stuffed even more. Sometimes, I look at all of it and wonder what I have gotten myself into. I often over plan, and have been known to seriously over do it...but in my defense, I LOVE throwing a great party. I love to hear my guests talking about the event months afterwards. This scripture is giving me some validation. To me it means it
it's ok to party it up every once in a while, because those memories stick with us, and may give us joy when we are toiling at our daily lives. Besides, plastic Easter eggs are just fun. End. Of. Story.

1 comment:

ashes said...

You have an obsession. I recommend spending some time with a psychologist in NC. No promise of a cure, but definitely a good time.