Friday, March 22, 2013

Lenten Reflection: March 20


John 13:34-35

King James Version (KJV)
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

My Reflection: Growing up, these words were part of one of my favorite primary songs.

Love One Another

As I have loved you,
Love one another.
This new commandment:
Love one another.
By this shall men know
Ye are my disciples,
If ye have love
One to another.
(© 1961, renewed 1989 by Luacine C. Fox. Used by permission.)
 I liked it then, and still do now, because I really think if people loved each other with a true love, a lot of the "bad stuff" on earth would disappear. But like Sister S pointed out, without the bad stuff we couldn't really appreciate those moments when we see the "good stuff."



No comments: