Monday, March 18, 2013

Lenten Reflection: March 15


Luke 5:29-32

New International Version (NIV)
29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
31 Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”


My reflection: Today, I am caught by the words "great banquet" as today is sister K's 30th birthday. I seriously hope she is the guest of honor at a great banquet that celebrates her awesomeness. I remember the day she was born, and how excited we all were to bring her home. I remember how red her hair used to be, when she was just a wee little ginger. She has always been very artistically minded, and a few days ago I found a bunch of sweet letters and pictures that she had sent to Bill and me. One letter describes how she recently just lost her two front teeth, and another contains a drawing of a princess, made especially for Bill. I was in college before she even started kindergarten, so her growing up years were all without me around much. I think I know her better now as an adult than I ever did when she was growing up, and I still don't know her as well as I would like to. I am proud of the wonderful woman, and fantastic momma she has become. Happy Birthday, Roo. I love you.

No comments: